Thorough end to end implementation of a project in an organized manner is indeed a crucial task. However with recent advanced technologies you can work with high quality project management tools to make your project development process easy and convenient. From the beginning research and development stage till the final launch, a project contains hundreds of tasks. So to successfully accomplish it, the resources involved in the work process have to be careful about the approach to be followed.
In this post we will mainly talk about incorporating the appropriate methodology that can bring in success to your ensuing project along with reasons behind it.
Our focus will majorly revolve around two most important project management process-Agile Methodology and Waterfall Methodology.
Let us now go through the following sections to get a deeper insight about these two.
If you want your mobile app development company to grow, consider the benefits or the advantages of these two methods.
Managing Projects Using Waterfall Method
Liner Sequential Life Cycle Model is another name for the methodology of Waterfall Model. This means that it operates in a sequential manner. In other words, the progress of a project using this technique takes place in ascending order. For instance, after successfully completing the development stage, the team can gradually move towards the following stage-the testing phase.
The main stages which are followed sequentially in this process are
Requirement: The nature and the scope of the project are planned and discussed. Plans are devised so that the project gets completed without any deviation from the proposed quality. All the prospects are being assessed properly to make it exclusive and engaging.
Design: This is another pivotal part which enables in enhancing the look and feel of your project. The colour combination and the assets are designed so that the customer finds it engaging and can utilize it to meet the desired purpose.
Implementation: Here actually the main development tasks are executed. It helps in enriching your project with all features that were expected. Data and information pertaining to your business are effectively stored and managed in this phase.
Verification: This stage is also no less important as it deals with testing and installation. It actually facilitates smooth functioning of your project.
Maintenance: Here the functionalities are optimized and the errors are minutely checked to ensure that the project is 100 percent accurate and efficient.
Nature and Scope of Agile Methodology
Unlike the former one, the Agile process is much more interactive and well coordinated. It contributes a lot in making changes within your project right at the moment when it is required. In this approach the testing and the development activities go hand in hand among developers, testers, project managers and end users.
Following Are the Main Steps Followed Here:
Control: As the project gets divided into minute fragments, the requirements can be assessed right from the root. This gives a robust control as the scope gets properly defined.
Better Productivity: Here the productivity gets better as the final decision is taken by considering the opinions of all concerned. As a result you can easily pick up either the best individual suggestion else can also combine one or two together and make a suitable strategy.
Better Quality: The quality gets improved as the minute details are given care and attention by the developers. Not only that, but also after making necessary changes they are tested again to ensure perfection.
Higher Customer Satisfaction: The customers are satisfied as the project becomes distinct and simple due to its step by step completion. Because of repeated changes and improvements made customers can experience the exact attributes as anticipated.
High ROI: The ultimate results reflected using this method is huge with comparison to the efforts or money involved. Although it may take some time but the end result delivered becomes truly exceptional.
Distinctions Between Agile and Waterfall Process
- The development process in Waterfall method is divided into individual phases. On the other hand, the same for Agile approach is categorized into sprints.
- The Waterfall method is implemented based on the process of sequential design. On the other hand, Agile Methodology follows the concept of incremental approach.
- The structure of Waterfall method is quite rigid while that of the Agile is highly flexible.
- The team synchronization in case of Waterfall method is adequately confined while for Agile the teams operate with a high degree of coordination.
- For Waterfall approach, requirements are prepared at the beginning of the project, while for Agile the requirements are prepared and assessed on a regular basis.
- For Waterfall process testing plan is hardly discussed while for the Agile test plan is being reviewed and analyzed after every sprint.
- For Waterfall method, the process of development is highly static as changes or alterations hardly occur. On the other hand, for Agile the process is dynamic as the requirements get updated or changed frequently as per the need.
Prospects of Agile Method
- Using Agile method you can expect a high outcome as the entire project gets segregated into small fragments.
- Here the chances of error occurrences is also less as each and every sprint in tested rigorously.
- The process of development is highly transparent as the client gets involved with all the happenings and developments concerned.
- Improved quality is maintained throughout the process as opinions of all members involved are considered.
Prospects of Waterfall Method
- The projects can be delivered fast using this method as frequent testing and updates are not involved.
- It works well with small sized projects as the requirements can be easily understood.
- Here the results are documented well so that the final outcome does not get effected.
Conclusion: From this post you can now know the scope of two most prominent project management techniques-Agile and Waterfall methods. Each project management process has its own uniqueness in successful completion of a project. A mobile app development company can choose any one depending upon the scope and content of the projects based upon the above discussion.
For latest updates on mobile app development, visit our : Facebook Page
For mobile app development services, visit : redappletech.com