5 - 10 Years
We are looking for a 3D Character Artist to join our team in creating the highest quality, kick-ass characters for our current and future games.
Responsibilities of a Character Artist may include:
- Sculpt and model compelling, 3D characters, according to the game style and art direction.
- Create additional character assets such as hair, accessories, armour, weapons, etc.
- Texture the characters and character assets.
- Create convincing materials, reflecting the art direction of the project.
- Deliver clean and optimized low polygon models, and efficient UV layouts according to the project’s technical requirements.
- Think creatively, and search for relevant references from various sources, to solve daily artistic challenges.
- Manage own time and work efficiently within production deadlines.
Employers may look for the following skills in a 3D Character Artist:
- Experience in digital sculpting, modeling, UV mapping, texturing
- Excellent understanding of shading, lighting, structure, texturing, and silhouette
- Vision to take a simple 2D sketch to create a 3D model.
- Skilled in hard surface modeling
- Understanding of mesh topology and edge loops
- High level of artistic skills, strong sense of design
- Knowledge of anatomy - proportions, muscle, and skeletal structures
- Understanding of form, shape language and color
- Ability to work from reference materials such as photography or concept art.
- Good time management skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of industry-standard software
- Good communication skills, ability to work with multiple departments on all their needs and constraints.
Software and Other Tools Used:
Character Artists work exclusively with computer software. A fluency in all or some of the following platforms is required:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Substance Painter