Every business is keen to utilize advanced technology like IoT (Internet of Things) to satisfy rising customer expectations quite immersively. Moreover, it also assists them to achieve other goals very conveniently.
It is estimated that in 2023, global spending on IoT technology will reach the amount of $1.1 trillion ( Source: Exploding Topics). As such, you have to concentrate on implementing the latest IoT app development solutions to experience an impressive outcome.
Now! Let’s first understand:
What is IoT?
The term Internet of Things (IoT) was first used in 1999 by Kevin Ashton who said, “What the Internet of Things is really about is information technology that can gather its own information. Often what it does with that information is not tell a human being something, it [just] does something.”
In brief, IoT is a cutting-edge technology. It denotes the network of physical objects that are attached with sensors, processing software, and cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence, etc. to collect and share data between various smart appliances and systems across the internet.
It is time to focus on:
What are the Major Components of IoT Applications?
Are you planning to develop IoT-based apps?
Consulting a reputed IoT app development company will guide you to proceed correctly. Besides, it will also help you to gain awareness regarding some core components that your IoT applications must contain. Just have a look below:
- Network: It ensures smooth data transmission between smart devices, mobile apps, and the cloud platform.
- Cloud: All your data is managed, preserved, and organized properly on this platform. It eradicates the requirement of involving resources to manage and store data manually.
- Software: Here, every piece of information is analyzed thoroughly to serve users with the right outcome within a short time.
- Hardware: It involves items like sensors and smart devices that work with mobile apps to acquire and share data with other IoT devices.
What should be considered for IoT app development?
As every organization is aiming to implement customized IoT application development services, you have to meet project deadlines by handling certain issues that emerge during the development stages. Let us proceed to figure them out:
- Minimizing security flaws
- Meeting specific business goals
- Determining User Experience
- Data Analysis
Now, you have to explore:
What are the Trending IoT App Ideas?
The utilization of IoT applications is gaining prominence as it offers industries multiple possibilities to serve customers amazingly and meet other objectives quite excellently.
It is estimated that in 2030, the number of IoT devices will be 25.4 billion (Source: Data Prot). Hence, you should work on researching profitable ideas with the support of a reputed IoT app development company.
The post now presents you with 6 exciting IoT app ideas to grow your revenue smoothly. Just a glimpse below:
1. IoT App for Healthcare
IoT has tremendously impacted the healthcare industry. The cutting-edge technology has served this crucial industry by:
- Curtailing treatment costs and time
- Elevating the quality of healthcare equipment
- Ensuring early health assessment to prevent the occurrence of diseases
- Boosting processing efficiencies of clinics
- Minimizing rates of hospital readmission
- Uplifting the standard of patient care
It is estimated that in 2028, the market of IoT in the healthcare segment will grow by $446.52 billion (Fortune Business Insights). As such, you do have the chance to boost revenue by participating in this one of the major application areas of IoT.
2. IoT App for Retail
There are plenty of IoT applications in the retail industry. For instance, Amazon Go uses advanced technologies to manage inventories and serves customers with proximity-based advertisements with beacons. Similarly, QueueHop is another notable IoT app that delivers innovative solutions to track inventories and avoid theft.
Implementing IoT in the retail market will provide benefits such as:
- Predictive ideas to maintain equipment
- Proper supervision of warehouse goods and tracking location of your goods
- Refining customer service quality and shopping experience
- Tracking inventories and preventing theft
- Ensure supply chain transparency
- Automatic check-in and check-out of your goods
It is projected that in 2025, the market value of IoT in the retail sector will achieve a robust growth of $35.5 billion (Source: MarketsandMarkets).
3. IoT App for Security
Every business explores advanced security options to protect unauthorized data access and thwart malware attacks. IoT is emerging as a trusted option to solve this requirement quite smoothly. Using this advanced technology will ensure benefits such as:
- Protect major assets like devices containing invaluable data
- Ensure data privacy
- Boost security protocols
- Innovate advanced device management options
- Fix vulnerabilities
4. IoT App for Farming
The agriculture sector is also embracing IoT technology. Have a look at some of its advantages:
- Monitoring livestock
- Tracking climate, soil, and crop conditions
- Instant detection and elimination of pests
- Ensure better crop quality and yields
In 2025, the market value of IoT in the agriculture sector is estimated to reach $48,714 million (Source: Allied Market Research). This is a superb opportunity to contribute to this segment with the help of a reputed IoT app development company.
5. IoT App for Smart Cities
The concept of smart cities is gaining prominence with the arrival of IoT. In fact, these cities are emerging as one of the major application areas of IoT. Using this advanced technology allows local administrations to fulfill purposes such as:
- Traffic management and monitoring
- Supervising flood and water level
- Video surveillance of streets and avenues
- Smart streetlights
- Real-time updates on traffic and public transport
- Prevent criminal activities
- Proper infrastructure maintenance
6. IoT App for Gaming
The arrival of IoT has greatly revolutionized the gaming industry. This leading-edge technology is empowering developers to develop games using new concepts to ensure massive user engagement. It lets you control the gaming characters quite naturally.
You do have the option to feel the immersive impact of IoT technology when playing games such as casino, boxing, etc.
Now, it is time to summarize certain benefits of IoT in gaming. Have a look:
- Uninterrupted gaming pleasure
- Deeper interaction with gaming characters and environments
- Ensure gaming data collection quite smoothly without compromising user privacy
- Gamify non-gaming elements to uplift user experience.
How Do We Utilize These Ideas to Help Your Business?
At Red Apple Technologies, we are always committed to serving clients with amazing results. We have successfully executed various IoT projects for industries like gaming, healthcare, construction, education, etc. to fulfill distinct requirements quite successfully. Our highly-experienced team always visualizes your priorities to serve you the ideal IoT application development services. They constantly explore trending technologies to elevate work quality quite efficiently. Want to consult us? We will be indeed glad to address your requirements properly.
Every industry is focusing to implement IoT to upgrade service quality and achieve other objectives. This provides them with a cost-effective solution to track and manage data. At the same time, it provides them insights on the latest opportunities that can be utilized to boost revenue quite conveniently. In the healthcare sector, IoT serves impressively by refining the quality of patient care and treatment services. In retail, IoT helps you to manage inventories properly and to take care of your merchandise smartly. Besides, IoT also boosts the productivity of employees and ensures data privacy at every processing stage.