Online games are emerging as the biggest source of attraction with time. The massive improvement in gaming quality is expanding user engagement. According to a report published by Fact.MR, the global revenue of online gaming is expected to reach the mark of $510 billion by 2031.
As the technology will continue to progress, the online game sector will also witness surplus profits subsequently. Sensing the potential money-making scope, many entrepreneurs are expressing interest to develop engaging games to grow their wealth. Are you one of them?
Well, it will be wise to begin from scratch to offer you thorough guidance regarding game development.
This post will primarily focus on the following aspects:
- What is Game Development
- Why Game Development is Important
- Game Development Facts
- Best Game Development Software
- What are the Stages of Game Development
- What are the Game Categories
The term ‘game development’ refers to the overall process of developing a game. It involves a plethora of steps to obtain the desired outcome magnificently. Every game development company has its creative process to meet the audience’s expectations successfully.
Do you want to grow your wealth? Invest in game development now. Seriously speaking, you do not have to look back after developing games. Presently, it is emerging as a prime wheel for the global economy to run smoothly.
Unlike other sectors, the game development industry does not suffer from stagnation. It is constantly growing with the advancement of the latest technologies. Even other sectors like healthcare, education, construction, etc. have started to add immersive gaming elements to make their business apps more engaging to impress their clients.
As a result, it is widening the chance of doubling your money.
Is game development profitable? Lets’ have a clear idea with these facts.
- According to the 2022 Statista report, the present strength of digital gamers is assumed to reach the mark of 1 billion across the world.
- In 2025, the global population of gamers will exceed the level of 1.3 billion. (Statista)
- The number of mobile gamers will reach the mark of 3.7 billion by 2023. (Newzoo)
- The global market value of online gaming will touch the figure of $260 billion by 2025. (Zion Market Research)
- The global revenue of the VR gaming sector will witness a massive rise of $2.4 billion by 2024. (Statista)
- The average spending on games by players will reach the figure of $138 billion by 2025. (Sensor Tower)
- The number of mobile game apps in the Play Store of Google is around 449 thousand in the first quarter of 2022. (Statista)
- The App Store of Apple has witnessed 580 latest gaming app submissions during March 2022. (Statista)
The global cloud gaming market will witness a massive revenue expansion of $20.94 billion by 2030.
To conclude, these facts provide a clear picture about how to derive profits in game development if you invest now. This creative sector has a bright future and will always tend to be promising in the coming days.
You have to know the art of game development. It will allow you to utilize the growing craze of users to grow your revenue smoothly.
When giving wings to your creative ideas in gaming, you need to choose the best game development software, i.e., a game engine. Lets’ continue to discuss about below-
Unity Game Engine
It is an extremely popular tool that every mobile game development company intends to utilize always. It allows you to add versatility when developing immersive games.
The game engine is a product of Unity Technologies and was launched in 2005. Initially, it was developed for games targeting only the OS X platform. Presently, it helps to create a wide range of 2D and 3D games on all platforms.
According to a report published by Venture Beat in 2022, about 230,000 game developers across the world use this game engine to create over 750,000 games.
1. Extremely Flexible
This tool assists you to develop games that run smoothly on all operating systems and devices quite amazingly. It means this game engine helps you to come across a vast gamer base within a short duration.
2. Robust Asset Zone
The game engine allows you to develop unique games with high-end features. This is quite possible due to the rich asset store of this game engine. Here, you will have the opportunity to access advanced tools that will help to upgrade your gaming app features very naturally.
3. Active Community
No matter whether you are a beginner or a professional. The interactive community of this game engine will allow you to acquire or upgrade new skills very conveniently.
4. Simple to Use
You can perform coding in the unity game engine quite easily. It runs on C# language that you can grasp with the help of basic knowledge only. Moreover, to save your time further, you can also hire dedicated game developers to carry out the coding tasks.
It is a spectacular game engine. It helps you to develop highly engaging games that can be easily availed by users.
According to a report by Infinity Business Insights, the market for HTML5 gaming is assumed to reach a figure of $26.26 billion by 2027.
No doubt, investing in this game engine will tend to grow your revenue further.
- Extremely Compatible
- Play games offline
- Greater distribution
- Instant Update
Unreal Game Engine
This game engine also has the potential to meet your distinct gaming requirements very easily. The game engine is developed by Epic Games and introduced in 1998. Initially devised for single shooter games. Right now, it is used to create games of multiple genres.
- Amazing audio-visual experience
- Compatible with all platforms
- Ensure smooth modifications in games using C++ and other advanced tools
- Import rich graphic elements to enhance the look and feel of your games more naturally.
There are other game engines like Cry Engine, Cocos 2D, Amazon Lumberyard, Godot, etc. that you can also use to make your games very lively to engage users quite immersively.
Do you want your online games to be engaging and interactive? You have to observe certain vital stages to accomplish this objective. It includes-
It is the most essential step where you have to work on conceptualizing the game story, choosing characters, determining the project cost, outlining the design and development requirements, targeting the audience, fixing the release deadline, etc. In brief, your tasks in this stage involve:
- Validation of creative gaming ideas
- Proposal estimation in advance
- Estimation of the story point to ensure a smooth task management
- Understanding the project scope
- Project Agreement Documentation
Every game development company prioritizes this stage as it will help them to reorganize their existing infrastructure to meet the project requirements and quality in advance.
Your game has to be appealing in look and feel. It will allow the audience to easily relate to your game characters and also tempt them to explore the virtual background. You have to begin your game design with a proper vision. Hence, use a design document to jot down your expectations and requirements. You should share this document with your design team members. It will also help them to understand your vision properly.
When designing an online game, you have to follow these simple steps below-
- Prototype test to make sure that your visualization is moving in the right direction
- Brainstorming ideas to ensure uniqueness
- Ensure a smooth assets transport
- Assess user experience constantly
- Creating mock designs to seek feedback
- Thorough wireframing to explore the possibility of adding more design elements
The real work begins here. It involves the active collaboration of designers, developers, scriptwriters, voice artists, and project leaders. In this phase, character models are drawn and rendered in 3D or 2D format. Developers work on the source code with the help of game engines like Unity, HTML5, Unreal, etc. to add versatility to online games.
Voice artists ensure that characters speak like real human beings to attract gamers. Designers are involved in crafting immersive and flexible game environments that will allow gamers to play at their convenience. Animators make your game characters more lively and realistic to maximize the gaming pleasure of the audience.
For your convenience, we are summarizing the entire development process below-
- Rigorous planning
- Evaluation of product backlog
- Creation of models and game backgrounds
- Splitting the Sprints
- Performance Review
- Proceeding to final release
Observing these methods will help you to fulfill every demand of your clients when creating amazing online games. Nowadays, every mobile game development company ensures stringent supervision of the development process to meet the release deadline quite conveniently.
Once the game is developed, it is time to examine its performance. This involves exploring possibilities to introduce more features that will further improve the gaming experience. You need to ensure that the gaming app is responding perfectly across all platforms and devices. Moreover, you also have to see that no issue is erupting when pushing updates to the game apps.
In short, you have to take care of these simple points-
- Conduct Beta testing
- Run Alpha testing
- Proper implementation of release queues
- Perform thorough debugging to obtain approval
- Explore more improvement scopes
- New features introduction
Developing a game needs vast skills and year-long experience. Besides, you also have to spend a lot of money depending on the project requirements. So, you must make sure that after the gaming project is completed, it is meeting your desired expectations or not. Seeking the right game development services will allow you to derive the highest level of satisfaction after the task completion.
It is time to launch your final game products as per the fixed deadline. Wait a bit! It will be wise to play the game yourself again. Consider yourself as a user and write down your good experiences after playing a game. If it is good then proceed accordingly. But if you are not satisfied then it may also disappoint your target audience.
Before the final release, scrutinize your gaming apps again to wipe out bugs and other issues as early as possible. Moreover, you also have to make sure that your gaming app will serve users with a proper support system.
After solving all problems, you should also adopt proper marketing strategies to engage a vast audience base to install your games from the Play Store or App Store within a short duration.
Summing up, you need to remember these key points below-
- Complete elimination of bugs
- Analyze performance
- Review user retention capability
- Adding a support system
- Proper marketing with innovative strategies.
Online games can be your lifetime assets to make money. Hence, you should get in touch with a reputed mobile game development company to materialize your creative ideas quite brilliantly.
When developing games, you have to prioritize the preferences of your target audience. It will help you to devise the right online games to make money.
Now, lets’ have a look at the gaming genres below-
- Card Games – The appeal of such games is growing over time. Here, gamers have to perform by choosing the right card to win.
Such games are presently witnessing a download rate of 2.43% as of May 2022. (42matters.com)
- Trivia Games – It is ideal for people who are always eager to decode mysteries or solve puzzles.
Currently, it is registering an impressive download rate of 4.77% as of April 2022 (42matters.com)
- Action Games – People who like challenges and adventures usually derive an amazing pleasure to play these games.
The revenue of such gaming genre will tend to rise to $30.65 billion by 2026 (Statista)
- Casino Games – Want to test your luck to make money? Play casino games to show the power of your skill and luck to win money.
The global market value of the casino gaming industry will reach the mark of 92.9 billion by 2023. (Statista)
- Simulation Games – These games are designed for people who intend to derive a pleasant experience of interaction with the virtual characters and backgrounds.
The overall revenue of simulation games is assumed to reach $22.50 billion by 2026. (Statista)
- Sport Games – It includes cricket, baseball, football, boxing, and other online sports which you love to play often.
The market of online sports segments will tend to grow beyond $ 92.9 billion by 2023. (Statista)
- Race Games – These games always tempt people who are seeking the highest level of excitement and fun of real-world car or motorcycle racing games.
Such games will witness a massive download figure of 9163.8 million in 2022. (Statista)
- Arcade Games – Want to relish your childhood days of playing arcade games? Refresh your memory again by playing these games online.
The market value of arcade games will grow to $1.56 billion by 2024. (Technavio)
- Board Games – These games are exceedingly popular among the audience who like to showcase their intellect and strategy to win matches.
This online gaming genre can witness sharp revenue growth of $3.07 billion by the end of 2022. (Statista)
It is games that will always be your lifelong revenue-generation tool. You just need to upgrade your service standards. It will assist you to develop high-quality games to amuse the next generation of gamers pretty immersively.
To Be Continued…..
The purpose of this post is to clear your game development concept. It has mentioned all the steps that you should comply with when designing an online game. Moreover, your possibility of earning profits in gaming is also discussed thoroughly. The post has also given you a list of game development engines that help to accomplish your creative dreams brilliantly.
However, this is just the beginning. Wait for the next topic of discussion. It will be on the “Game Development Process”, and “ Game Monetization Technique”. Until then, enjoy reading this post.