Using the immersive power of Extended Reality the long-distance problems can be reduced and the employees can be brought together to create a decentralised space for diverse purpose impacting your business prospects. In other words, with XR you can actually make people living in far off places feel that they are in the same place with others when some vital meetings or conferences are conducted.
Before going into the details let us know about its meaning and scope. By Extended Reality, we mean an environment combining the abilities of AR, VR and MR which enables in human-machine interaction through wearable devices and computer technology. Market studies have shown that the business value of XR can reach more than 209 billion USD by 2022 from 27 billion USD in 2018. From this, you can assess the limitless possibilities that your business can experience using this technique to stand out amidst fierce competition.
Extended Reality companies can be consulted if you wish to know more about its implications for business growth and development. As stated earlier, XR being a blending of immersive technologies helps in the following aspects for various industries.
Manufacturing and Industrial :
- To diagnose real-time issues in factories and devising suitable solutions for resolving those.
- To ensure proper support from remote areas.
- To develop effective and purposeful training in a personalised manner.
- Improving safety measures to avoid loss of lives and machinery.
- To offer a wide scope for better visualization and analysis.
- To impart quality surgical training.
- To make timely diagnosis
- To assist in all sorts of treatment.
- To use extended reality in healthcare for prior assessment and prompt service delivery
- To make learning immersive and interactive along with making it visually impactful.
- To make learning flexible and interesting.
- To ensure self-doubt clearing.
- To ease the learning of any subjects-from Physics to History and even vocational courses.
- To experience smooth navigation of products.
- To avail personalised coupons.
- To try before you buy anything and everything related to clothes, furniture, fashion accessories and even real estate properties.
Advertising and Marketing :
- To create personalised advertisement content for attracting and retaining customers.
- To analyse consumer data so that the tastes and preferences can be aptly identified.
Key Used Cases for Your Business Benefits
Extended reality technology can be used in multiple ways so that your business can gain a competitive advantage in serving the customers. Enhancing the brand value is one of the crucial functions that can be easily strengthened with XR as an enticing technology.
XR for Industrial Maintenance :
With the coming up of new devices like AR eye-wear, tablets, mobiles etc there has been an encouragement in creating apps to look after industrial maintenance and information properly. A mechanic making repairs can have a head-worn display to see the superimposed images and avail necessary information in his line of sight. The entire process can be represented in the shape of a box in a corner and the images of the tools that would be used can actually reflect the exact motion that needs to be performed. Here the AR technology will enable in labeling the vital parts. Complex repairing procedures can be broken into simple steps. This can be included in imparting training to reduce high expenses.
XR for Remote Assistance :
With XR managing projects involved in construction and building can be much safer and easier as site managers can virtually monitor and view the work in progress via the AR markers placed on equipment being built. Just by placing the camera towards the onsite piece of equipment in the factory the designated location can be identified with the digital map of the plant. In this way, the process of cumbersome layout plans can be avoided as the operators can be equipped with necessary virtual contextual information.
Facilitating Training and Education :
This technology can help you in engaging learners by making the content authentic. The students or the trainees can devise their unique ways of learning and solving problems without causing any real harm or mistake. By using the real-life simulations the main concept can be grasped easily without any time pressure or real consequences.
XR for Branding and Advertising :
In today’s age of globalization and digitization, both advertising and brand promotion are of equal significance. Both these aspects can enable an organization to enhance its brand value so that the existing customers can be retained and the prospective customers can be attracted from distant parts of the globe. Using XR you can associate your flagship product or service with any iconic character so that an image of loyalty and satisfaction can be ascertained.
Conclusion : Extended Reality, a highly advanced technology is being incorporated by businesses to ensure a long term association with the customers in an interactive manner. From the above-mentioned discussion, you can now have a comprehensive idea about this technique and what are the business prospects of it. There are plenty of extended reality companies who can offer you customised solutions to make your business unique in meeting the desired expectations of the worldwide consumers.