The industry of India’s online gaming is expanding at a fast pace. According to reports, the value of India’s online gaming market was 290 million dollars which is expected to touch the billion mark by 2021. This would include a user base of more than 628 million gaming enthusiasts.
Prime Factors for Market Growth
- India is a developing economy with a huge population. Almost half of the population is below the age of 25.
- Low cost smartphones are available here. This can increase the number of smartphone users to 859 million by 2022 from that of 468 million in 2017.
- With respect to the internet users, India ranks second after China. Market reports suggest that active internet users can reach upto 829 million by 2021 compared to 451 million in 2019.
- With the boom in the IT sector, the number of online game developers has also gone up significantly. As a result India has become a huge prospect as a popular backend development center for game development companies.
- With the increasing adoption of the digital payment methods, its users are also expected to go up from 100 million in 2019 to 300 millions by 2022.
Thus you have seen how a game development company can grow perpetually in the Indian market by considering the trending practices and the changes in the tastes and preferences of the targeted players.
Gaming Market in India
Globally, India ranks among the top 5 online mobile gaming countries. In 2019 alone, almost 5.6 billion gaming apps have been downloaded in India, which is the highest in the world. Among the Indians online fantasy sports gaming is also quite popular. Games of this genre are skill based and enable users to create their own teams by assorting players. Emergence of new sports leagues like the Indian Premier League and the diversifying viewership of sports in the country have popularized the growth of fantasy sports gaming. A game development company of repute can make this trend all the more prominent by incorporating immersive techniques to ensure interactive gameplay.
Few Foreign Investments in the Indian Gaming Market
- Ubisoft, a French video game company has established two development studios in India
- Dhruva Interactive, a popular Indian mobile game development company has been acquired by Rockstar Games, an American video game publishing organization. However, it was merged with Rockstar India Studio and consists of 500 employees in India.
- Alibaba Group’s Hong Kong based AG Tech Holdings and Pay ™ went into joint venture in 2018 and came up with Gamepind which is a localised platform useful for hosting popular sports and casual games. For 55 percent holdings, Pay ™ invested 8.8 million dollars while for the rest 45 percent shares, AG Tech Holdings invested 7.2 million dollars.
- For developing casual arcade games, Stom Studio, a Vietnam based game developer has entered into partnership with Gamesbond, an Indian brand involved in game distributions and publishing. Top venture capitalist firms like Sequoia Capital has also shown interest to invest in Indian brands like Octro and Moonfrog Labs
Thus you have seen how investment in online gaming can be effective to stand out in the current competition.
Monetization Strategies for Online Gaming
Free to Play : Gamers opting for this model can play games at no cost. Earning revenue is possible when players look for additional features in their favorite games
In Game Advertising : Too much of advertisements can be annoying for the gaming enthusiasts. But definitely this model serves as a suitable platform to generate increased revenues. With full access to the game from the beginning players are also exposed to various ads from time to time. For example, ads come up frequently in puzzle games whenever an user clears any particular level and proceeds to the next.
Play to Win : Players of this model pay an extra amount to avail premium items compared to the gamers playing the free versions.
Pay to play : Players opting for this model, use real money to buy in-game coins for playing specific games. For example add52.com is one such card gaming portal available online where the gamers can buy chips with real money for playing paid tournaments and games.
Apart from the above mentioned ways there are some other techniques through which revenues can be generated. These include: co-branding within games for selling merchandise like posters, key chains, t-shirts etc.
Role of Red Apple in the Indian gaming Circuit with Especial Focus on COVID-19 Outbreak
This post clearly throws light on the growing prospects of the mobile gaming market in India. There are plenty of Indian players who are successful in the realm of mobile game development. We at Red Apple Technologies are contributing our best to keep pace with the international practices and standards.
Considering the global impact of COVID-19 we have observed that people globally are inclined towards digital gaming platforms more than before. This has resulted in generating huge requirements for diverse games belonging to multiple genres. For example requirements pertaining to housie games like Ludo, Tambola along with casino based games have come up to us in large numbers.
We are also receiving huge demands for games like PUBG to meet the gaming aspirations of both avid and casual gaming enthusiasts across the globe. We are also planning to step into the genre of making AAA games.
Using advanced technologies crafted with stunning animations and graphics we have been successful in serving our targeted customers with loyalty and satisfaction. With interactive controlling options our games have really turned dreams into reality to attract and engage players for long.
We provide complete flexibility to our clients by either deploying the dedicated teams to compliment their existing teams or taking up the project at any stage, be it just art assets development, game development, backend or the complete game.
Hope this post has given you a vivid picture of the Indian gaming scenario and how it can influence the business on a global platform. So why wait more? Grab your chance now and share your innovative concepts with us to make things look realistic with ease and efficiency.
Conclusion : Considering the prospects of the Indian gaming market we help in devising customised solutions for better engagement and unique gameplay. Our expertise and skills sets can help you stay create trends in this business with precision.